[webkit-dev] Troubles with Anonymous Blocks

Roland Steiner rolandsteiner at google.com
Sun Feb 14 23:36:51 PST 2010

[Sorry for the late answer, I've been on vacation the last few days]

Basically, by setting

    virtual bool createsAnonymousWrapper() const { return true; }

the class specifies that it creates its own anonymous child wrapper objects
that are not run-off-the-mill anonymous wrappers. I.e., it prevents such
child objects from being (re-)used in ways you didn't anticipate/intend.
There are only a few places (two, IIRC), that query this function, so if you
grep for it, you should get a good overview quickly whether this should
affect your code or not.

Cheers,

Roland