[webkit-dev] HowTO: Finding URL on click event ?

Vivek Satpute vivekonline86 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 02:20:47 PST 2010

Hi,

I am new to webkit and have very less exposure to it.

If my webpage have many links/URLs and if I clicked on a URL then browser
loads that URL. Click event only gives (x,y) co-ordinates of clicked area. I
want
to explore that from (x, y) points how webkit find out the particular URL
when
we click on it.

So, I browsed the webkit code in  a following way:

webkit_web_view_button_press_event()

handleMousePressEvent(const PlatformMouseEvent& mouseEvent)

Document::prepareMouseEvent()

RenderLayer::hitTest()

RenderLayer::hitTestLayer()

RenderLayer::calculateRects()
    :
    :
    :
    :
later on MouseEventWithHitTestResults::isOverLink() returns TRUE, if click
is did over URL.

But I am not getting how exactly webkit uses (x,y) point to find out that
click is over URL ?
Can anyone please help me out to understand this ?

Thanks in advance,
Vivek