[webkit-dev] std::complex affects isinf(), etc.

Chris Rogers crogers at google.com
Wed Feb 3 15:22:58 PST 2010

I initially put in a patch for a class for Complex numbers, but people
preferred that I just use the std::complex version.

In the process of switching my code over to use std::complex I noticed a
conflict with isinf(), isnan(), etc.
The problem is that simply including:

#include <complex>

breaks the isinf(), isnan() functions (and some others I think).  So now I'm
getting compile errors in any header files
which use these functions, such as WebGLFloatArray.h (which I need to
include for music visualizer stuff).
I'm a bit queasy about all the side-effects of simply including <complex>
and am not even sure how to address the
current situation, short of switching all of webkit over to using
std::isinf, std::isnan, etc.

Now I remember having similar problems with this in other codebases I've
worked on, as the effects of <complex> seem
to be viral...

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris