[webkit-dev] Renaming directories

Kenneth Russell kbr at google.com
Wed Dec 22 13:05:35 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com> wrote:

> On 2010-12-22, at 10:45, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>
> I see. The GLU tessellator was integrated because it was the only
> viable option for helping implement GPU-accelerated path rendering in
> WebKit. (This work is still in early stages, and the tessellator isn't
> yet being compiled in to WebKit.) The code is covered by an MIT X11
> style license which is compatible with the BSD license WebKit uses.
>
> I'm not a lawyer so I can't speak to the compatibility of the various open
> source licenses.  I will note however that the committer agreement that all
> committers have signed explicitly states that only the BSD and LGPL licenses
> are permitted for code checked in to the WebKit repository.

I apologize, I didn't mean to violate the WebKit committer agreement.
There was extensive discussion on IRC and in person before checking in
this and related code. If its continued presence poses a problem then
please let's try to figure out a solution that allows continued
development of this functionality.

-Ken