[webkit-dev] Renaming directories

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Tue Dec 21 23:20:44 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> Before we move LayoutTests, we might want to discuss further changes to structure.
>
> Mark Rowe and I talked about this briefly and he suggested a top level with just:
>
>    Examples
>    Sources
>    Tests
>    Tools
>    Websites
>
> And perhaps one or two files. Maybe Makefile.

That makes sense to me.  Looking through my working copy, there are a
couple of things that aren't obvious to me where they would go in this
structure: WebKitBuild and WebKitLibraries.  Maybe these would become
Build and Libraries as top-level directories?

> For Apple internal purposes it would be valuable to have a Sources directory that contained all the source code and did not contain any tests. In fact, that would set us on a path that would allow us to eliminate the ForwardingHeaders machinery.

Removing ForwardingHeaders certainly sounds valuable.  They've tripped
me up on a number of occasions.  :)

Adam