[webkit-dev] Renaming directories

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sat Dec 18 08:43:38 PST 2010

On Dec 18, 2010, at 2:23 AM, Adam Barth wrote:

> While we're in the mood to rename directories, would these renamings make sense:
>
> WebKitSite => WebSite
> WebKitExamplePlugins => ExamplePlugins
> LayoutTests => Tests

I would use Website <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website> rather than WebSite. But to me that raises the question of what to call BugsSite.

I would call it just Examples rather ExamplePlugins because I think we can put other kinds of examples in there later.

If we renamed LayoutTests to Tests then I would wan to put PageLoadTests in there.

I’d also like to see us remove any top level files that don’t have to be there. For example, we have to keep the Makefile there so that make works, but I am not so sure that wscript has to be there. It seems some of the build related files could move down one level.

    -- Darin