[webkit-dev] Renaming directories

Benjamin ikipou at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 06:11:13 PST 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Zoltan Herczeg <zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu>wrote:

> Hm, thinking a bit about it I realized these renamings could help the
> usability of the source code. I actually use a lot the WebKitBuild
> directory, and would be happy if it would be renamed to Build (= B<tab>),
> and Scripts could go to the root directory. In that case, LayoutTests =>
> Tests would be be OK for me, if Tools would be renamed to anything which
> does not start with "T". It would be good if the renamings would be based
> on directory "entering" statistics.

I would say a well defined structure for the project is more important than
quick access on the command line :)

I think renaming LayoutTests to Tests (or UnitTests?) make sense since there
is more in there than layout tests. Newcomers would not be surprised to find
all tests in there.

Regards,
Benjamin