[webkit-dev] Build Slave Shutdown

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Thu Dec 16 09:05:34 PST 2010

Our buildbot allows for anonymous people to trigger things on the slaves, and it is like this on purpose for ease of use. However, that means it is possible for a malicious person to do things like shutdown all of the slaves. That is what happened last night around 10:30pm PST, from 66.57.13.12, and that is why the slaves are offline.

If you own a build slave that is shutdown, you need to restart the buildbot process on it and check that it reconnects to the master. If you have trouble, email me or ping _wms on irc.

I landed <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/74194> to disable the shutdown feature for now. We can move to having user accounts, possibly even use trac/svn or bugs credentials, if we feel we need more fine-grained permissions.

-Bill