[webkit-dev] Stability problems involving Javascript GC

Samuel Rivas samuel.rivas at lambdastream.com
Thu Dec 16 00:02:58 PST 2010

On 6 December 2010 22:31, Zoltan Herczeg <zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> Crash in WTF::fastMalloc? Such things only happen if something overwrites
> memory areas belongs to the memory manager (i.e overwrites some bytes
> before or after a block returned by malloc). Try some valgrind equivalent
> on mac to detect those writings into "red zones".

How can you use valgrind to help on that? We had some symptoms similar
to this and also came to the conclusion that probably something is
overwriting the structures used by fast malloc, but couldn't find
anything with valgrind. Overwriting in an area that has bee reserved
is not an error vangrind finds, at least not with any options that I
know.

Regards

--
Samuel Rivas