[webkit-dev] Rebaselining render tree dumps

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Fri Dec 10 14:05:51 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Nikolas Zimmermann <
zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Hi Ryosuke,
>
> this feature is already available. I've implemented it for the
> svg/dynamic-updates test, DRT hooks are available.
> dumpAsText() takes an optional boolean parameter that toggles this.
>
> // svg/dynamic-updates tests set enablePixelTesting=true, as we want to
> dump text + pixel results
> if (window.layoutTestController)
>    layoutTestController.dumpAsText(true /* enablePixelTesting */);
>
> That will give you a "dumpAsText" result + a pixel test result. Hope that
> helps..

I didn't know that!  This will be very useful for a lot of tests.  In fact,
why don't we convert tests as we rebaseline?

If Ahem allows us to have the same pixel expected results for all platforms.
 Why don't we switch the default font o DRT to Ahem?

- Ryosuke