[webkit-dev] Pixel tests and displaying text

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Dec 8 14:03:30 PST 2010

On Dec 8, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Darin Adler wrote:
>
>> On Dec 8, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Peter Kasting wrote:
>>
>>> We could greatly decrease the number of these baselines by following a simple rule: don't display text unless you need to.
>>
>> Seems like a good idea. I’m worried a bit, though, that if we can’t use any text in them at all, the tests are then not at all self explanatory. You have to be an expert on the test to understand what it’s testing and what success and failure look like.
>
> Do HTML comments fulfill this?

Peter, Simon,

You both have convinced me that HTML comments could be fine for explaining what a test is testing. Maybe we could come up with a format that makes it likely we’ll spot those comments.

The success vs. failure aspects can probably be addressed by the “see no red” and other such things.

    -- Darin