[webkit-dev] Bools are strictly worse than enums

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Fri Dec 3 14:08:39 PST 2010

03.12.2010, в 13:54, Eric Seidel написал(а):

> I'm not sure we have any examples of bool passing like that in real code.

We do, although I can't provide one now. I just remember this being discussed in bug review.

I think that Dave's rule is best here, even if it meant that we couldn't check it automatically. But I think that we can try - just complain each time true or false is passed into a function. That may prove to be too chatty though.

03.12.2010, в 13:55, Nico Weber написал(а):

> Out of curiosity, what do people think of
>
> doSomethingElse(/*paramName=*/true);

There is a horrible failure case - if the comment is wrong (or gets wrong after a refactoring made elsewhere), it gets much worse than an unannotated boolean argument.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov