[webkit-dev] Webkit-Javascript-Objc problem

Robert Vasvari vrobi at vasvari.com
Fri Dec 3 08:56:02 PST 2010

Hi All,

I have a strange problem using the Javascript-Objc bridge. I wrote a
simple webkit plugin, using the sample provided. I properly
implemented isKeyExcludedFromWebScript: , webScriptNameForSelector and
all the others in the protocol. I have a test page with javascript in
it that passes values into my objc plugin, both as setting properties
and calling functions with arguments. It all works. But then when I
connect to the real site
which is an ASP website running on Windows get a weird error. The
plugin loads properly, the property-methods do get called, but with
nil argument. I have a simple NSString ivar "stringVar" in the plugin
that I am trying to set from javascript like this:

myplugin.stringVar = "someValue";

somehow, the argument gets nulled out in the Javascript-Objc bridge. I
do get the method
setStringVar:  called with nil as an argument.

Any ideas welcome...

Robert