[webkit-dev] Problems to build WebKit on Windows

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 07:34:40 PDT 2010

________________________________
> Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:16:20 -0400
> From: diego.gonzalez at openbossa.org
> To: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
> Subject: [webkit-dev] Problems to build WebKit on Windows
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I have some problems to build WebKit ToT on my Window Env.
> I'm using Visual C++ express 2005.
>
> I've followed the steps win: http://webkit.org/building/tools.html
> After it I ran update-webkit and build-wekit script
>
> I got this build output: http://pastebin.com/x99zta73
>
> Some build errors like:
>
> InspectorStorageAgent.cpp
> ..\inspector\InspectorStorageAgent.cpp(64) : error C2039:
> 'sqlTransactionFailed' : is not a member of
> 'WebCore::InspectorFrontend'

I guess after having built on debian and cygwin, I developed a strategy
of grepping source files for missing symbols and trying to find out
if there was a way it could be included- this usually points to flags
in build scripts etc. I don't have an answer for you but if you
want to get familiar with the code this is a great learning experience :)
Usually you could identify the #ifdef that killed a member definition
and rummage around build settings to get it in there.

Obviously if you can't find a def anywhere, that would be a bit of a deadend
but with problems I had that didn't come up much.

Something to consider until someone answers with specific fix.