[webkit-dev] Colors

Igor Trindade Oliveira itrindade.oliveira at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:23:59 PDT 2010

Hello,

2010/8/30 Darin Adler <darin at apple.com>:
> On Aug 30, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Igor Trindade Oliveira wrote:
>
>> WebKit supporting ICC profiles could be a good real case.
>
> I think we will want that feature eventually. Changing the Color class would probably not be needed, though, for that. If you start working on that kind of feature, I can help you figure out what it takes, and if it turns out I’m wrong we are definitely open to changing the class design. We won’t just change the class based on “Why not?”
>
>    -- Darin

There are some pieces from webkit i looked to do this work.
Already there is an initial ColorSpace enum in
Webkit(WebCore/platform/graphics/ColorSpace.h) and a color
transformation(SRGBA<->RGBA) in
WebCore/platform/graphics/ImageBuffer.cpp.

I was looking first in color because it is used by css
parserColorFromValue and some kind of colors(gammut) are not correctly
converted to CMYK(they are out of gammut).

Igor