[webkit-dev] Accelerated 2D Tesselation Implementation

Kenneth Russell kbr at google.com
Mon Aug 30 11:56:35 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Darin Fisher <darin at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin at apple.com> wrote:
>> > That's why I still think this should all go into a branch for now. It
>> > will help us all see the results without having to deal with the issues of
>> > (2) right now.
>>
>> An alternative to a branch is to use a run-time setting.  That worked
>> well for the HTML5 parser project.  If there's a clean abstraction
>> boundary in the code, we can use that as the branch point for the
>> setting.  The advantage of using a run-time setting is that you can
>> leverage all the tools for working on trunk (including code reviews,
>> etc) but you can avoid disturbing the vast majority of other
>> developers while your feature bakes.
>>
>> Adam
>
> Such a runtime setting already exists for toggling accelerated canvas 2d on
> and off.

This GPU based path rendering support is initially only going to be
hooked in to the accelerated 2D canvas implementation, which since
it's already covered by this run-time flag will not disturb other
developers.

I am going to substantially restructure the code based on feedback and
submit new patches, but still against trunk.

-Ken