[webkit-dev] Misplaced files

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Aug 30 09:11:00 PDT 2010

On Aug 30, 2010, at 8:36 AM, Darin Fisher wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
> > Yes. The file-related stuff should all be in one directory, I think.
>
> Ok.  I moved the files from WebCore/html to WebCore/fileapi.
>
> On Aug 27, 2010, at 6:19 PM, Kinuko Yasuda wrote:
> > We have bunch of FileSystem (which is a part of File API) related files in
> > WebCore/storage/.
> > Maybe we should move them to the new directory too?
>
> Are these the files you're talking about?
>
> WebCore/storage/DOMFilePath.cpp
> WebCore/storage/DOMFilePath.h
> WebCore/storage/DOMFileSystem.cpp
> WebCore/storage/DOMFileSystem.h
> WebCore/storage/DOMFileSystem.idl
> WebCore/storage/FileEntry.cpp
> WebCore/storage/FileEntry.h
> WebCore/storage/FileEntry.idl
> WebCore/storage/FileSystemCallback.h
> WebCore/storage/FileSystemCallback.idl
> WebCore/storage/FileSystemCallbacks.cpp
> WebCore/storage/FileSystemCallbacks.h
> WebCore/storage/LocalFileSystem.cpp
> WebCore/storage/LocalFileSystem.h
>
> I'm happy to move them to WebCore/fileapi, but I'm also happy for you to do it.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam
>

> How about just moving everything into WebCore/storage?  This is all storage-related stuff.

I think the File API is large enough to deserve its own directory. In fact, it might be worth splitting up the remaining contents of the storage directory too. It is confusing to have large but almost entirely separate APIs all piled into one directory. It is true they are all "storage-related", but that is a pretty broad theme, and LocalStorage, SQL Storage, Indexed DB and File API have little or no interaction with each other.

Regards,
Maciej