[webkit-dev] Dummy Document in HTMLTreeBuilder::FragmentParsingContext

Roland Steiner rolandsteiner at google.com
Mon Aug 30 04:12:15 PDT 2010

Hi knowledgeable WebKit folks!

I'm currently trying to debug an annoying loader/resource request bug that
seems to originate with the dummy Document used
in HTMLTreeBuilder::FragmentParsingContext. It seems that in some cases the
DocLoader that is created with this dummy is assigned to a Request object,
which seems to be the underlying reason of the bug that I'm seeing.

Instead of just throwing additional RefPtr at the problem to make it go
away, I wondered why this dummy document is necessary in the first place.
Wouldn't it be more correct to just use the document assigned to the
passed-in DocumentFragment (or context element)? I.e., would bad things
happen if I removed this dummy?

- Roland