[webkit-dev] We need OwnPtrHashMap

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Wed Aug 25 00:41:32 PDT 2010

Sorry for the late-night webkit-dev spam, but in deploying adoptPtr,
I've noticed a number of places where have a HashMap that owns its
values as OwnPtrs.  Unfortunately, this very clumsy currently.  Each
instance of this pattern has its own way of hacking around the
problem, which might or might not result in memory errors.  We really
should have an OwnPtrHashMap (to complement RefPtrHashMap) that
understands how to handle this case correctly.

Is anyone interested in working this problem?

Adam