[webkit-dev] Null value for QualifiedName

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Aug 24 12:29:25 PDT 2010

While I don’t strongly oppose adding a null value, there are some benefits to not having one. Not having to handle that special case can keep code simpler. And if you don’t have a null value or empty value then you don’t have to answer the question of whether these two are the same thing or not.

I don’t think this particular call site cries out for the null value. For example, I think using the QualifiedName* here is fine. And you could also use any qualified name other than scriptTag, styleTag, xmpTag, or textareaTag. For example, you might think it’s logical to use bodyTag or something like that.

    -- Darin