[webkit-dev] Qt bots and EWS are building WebKit2 by default now

Andras Becsi abecsi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Aug 24 05:50:25 PDT 2010

Dear WebKit Community,

in the past weeks we have worked on refactoring and stabilizing the
build of the Qt port of WebKit2 and since the Windows and Snow Leopard
bots and EWS build WebKit2 by default for some time now, we also decided
to expand our QA coverage to include the WebKit2 build.

This is only a local setting so it only affects the buildbots and EWS
and doesn't change the default build using build-webkit.
If someone wants to hack on WebKit2 for Qt he/she has to pass the
"--qmakearg=CONFIG+=webkit2" option to build-webkit or set this option
in the BUILD_WEBKIT_ARGS environment variable.

We hereby kindly ask WebKit2 developers to also heed the Qt EWS and
buildbots if submitting patches, and contact us if something does not
work as expected.

With best regards:
WebKit2 Workgroup of the University of Szeged
http://webkit.sed.hu

Balazs Kelemen (kbalazs, kb {at} inf {dot} u-szeged {dot} hu)
Zoltan Horvath (Zoltan, zoltan {at} webkit {dot} org)
Andras Becsi (bbandix, abecsi {at} webkit {dot} org)