[webkit-dev] wscript in the root directory

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Mon Aug 23 21:40:38 PDT 2010

Hi Adam,

On Aug 23, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Adam Barth wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Martin Robinson <mrobinson at webkit.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
>>> What is this wscript file in the root directory of WebKit?  If it's a
>>> script, maybe we should move it to WebKitTools/Scripts?
>>
>> I believe that's a WAF build script. It seems to be used by the wx port.
>
> Oh, so it's a script like autogen.sh?  Just trying to keep the root
> from getting out of control.

Yeah, it needs to be in the root dir because wx needs to build WebCore and WebKit together now (meaning they need to share a common root dir), as otherwise we hit problems with export symbol macros and debugging symbols when building WebCore as a convenience library. I have been avoiding putting stuff in the root dir, but it was the only way I found to resolve these issues.

Thanks,

Kevin