[webkit-dev] Not enough space message when linking webkit (lots of free disk space)

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Mon Aug 23 02:26:43 PDT 2010

The Kernel usually reserves 1/4 (but up to 3/4 on some OSes) of the address
space for itself + you can get fragmentation.  So the linker only can use
part of the 4gb of ram in your machine.  So switching to a 64 bit linker
would probably fix the problem for now.  Another option is to disable some
parts of WebKit you don't need (like SVG).