[webkit-dev] Tests that separate JS and HTML

Gavin Barraclough barraclough at apple.com
Fri Aug 13 04:09:55 PDT 2010

On Aug 13, 2010, at 3:17 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

> Of course, there is the special case of fast/js tests, which we (I think) still hope to run without a WebView one day. For that, keeping JS separate is obviously desirable.

Absolutely agreed - and these can already be run in a command-line shell, by using the LayoutTests/fast/js/resources/standalone-(pre|post).js scripts.  This applies to many of the tests in fast/js, as well as the ietestcenter/Javascript suite.

Sadly we don't yet have a script to run all these test for you, we should add one at some point.  Also, it would also be great to port over the other js-only tests in fast/js (and any elsewhere, e.g. fast/regex).

G.