[webkit-dev] Why are we running Sputnik?

Osztrogonac Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Aug 10 14:31:50 PDT 2010

Eric Seidel írta:
> Chromium skips it (and if I remember correctly, they commissioned it?)
>
> Why do we want to be running these 6000 tests and slowing down our
> builds.  I was talking with jamesr, and he seemed to think it adds
> little value to run it every time?  (It was supposedly written as more
> of a development tool for V8?)  But maybe I'm missing something?

Sputnik tests are very fast. All test cases (15642) run in 394s,
and 5468 Sputnik tests run in 41s on Qt buildbot, it takes only
10% of the testing time.

Alexey Proskuryakov írta:
 > One possible way to speed up Sputnik tests would be to run them as part
 > of run-javascriptcore-tests, avoiding web page overhead. Someone proficient
 > in scripting languages just needs to improve run-javascriptcore-tests to the
 > point when it can do that.

1127 JavaScriptCore tests (run-javasriptcore-tests) run in 11s,
5468 Sputnik tests run in 41s on Qt buildbot. I don't think we
can speed up Sputnik tests significantly.

br,
Ossy