[webkit-dev] WebKit blog post proposal: Remote debugging with Web Inspector.

Joseph Pecoraro pecoraro at apple.com
Mon Aug 9 14:13:55 PDT 2010

On Aug 9, 2010, at 12:48 PM, Pavel Feldman wrote:
> See the screencast at http://screencast.com/t/YTI2OTY4YTEt. It has Chromium nightly to the left +
> WebKit nightly to the right. WebKit nightly connects remotely to Chromium over HTTP on the port
> 9222 and does remote debugging including DOM inspection, breakpoints and such.

Great demo!

> [...] The blog post would draw attention to the Web Inspector and its progress, share the remote
> debugging vision with the interested parties and would simply look cool. [...]
>

> What do you think, is it ready for a blog post?

The concern I had was that this isn't readily available in the browser for download
on webkit.org (WebKit nightly). In that way, I think for many it will feel a bit like a
teaser. However, WebKit is an open source project, so I'd expect to see all kinds of
WebKit related news and blog posts available there.

In the end I feel the more publicity the better. Especially when someone just
expressed an interest in seeing more interesting blog posts.

The last blog post on the Web Inspector was in April. Before that it was November.
That was a 5 month spread, and this would be a 4 month spread. Thats a pretty
consistent rate showing off awesome work.

- Joe