[webkit-dev] Canvas performance and memory usage

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Tue Aug 3 18:55:58 PDT 2010

Resent from the proper address:

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Martin Robinson
<martin.james.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I notice that Qt added imageForRendering() and felt they could not use
>> image() for some reason.  I'd be curious if a Qt expert could weigh in on
>> that, since maybe with a redesign a separate call would not be needed.

I'm not a Qt expert, but just based on a quick look, it seems that
imageForRendering  avoids the full QPixmap copy. Christophe,
when you open a bug for this issue,  please CC me, as I have a
small patch in my tree which has the same imageForRendering
pecialization, but for Cairo.

Martin