[webkit-dev] Sharing WebKit mocks across platforms

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Mon Aug 2 04:38:28 PDT 2010

29.07.2010, в 8:16, Adam Barth написал(а):

> Plumbing this mock API all the way through WebKit for each port seems like a waste.

One benefit of this is that it makes us test the API layer. Another one is that it gives WebKit developers better familiarity with APIs - that's not as minor as it sounds, as some of us (including myself) have limited knowledge of WebKit APIs, even for their favorite platform.

It certainly seems like a waste when private methods are added just for DumpRenderTree support. But maybe it has prompted an API introduction a few times before, I just don't know.

This is all getting much better with WebKit2's cross-platform API, although of course we'll need to support current APIs for a long time.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov