[webkit-dev] Function & Property Names

Nyx mcheva at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 29 08:15:38 PDT 2010

Kent Hansen-2 wrote:

> Works for me.
> You can pass callFrame to name() if you want, the result is the same.
> What does your JavaScript look like?
> E.g., if you're using a function expression
>
> Foo.prototype.bar = function() { ... }
>
> Then that function isn't going to have a name, e.g. your op_call code
> will print an empty string if you do "f = new Foo(); f.bar();".
> You could "partially" name it by doing
>
> Foo.prototype.bar = function bar() { ... }
>
> For function definitions (e.g. "function foo() { ... }" in global code),
> the function is named accordingly.

Ah! I assumed it didn't work because there were alot of empty strings and
strange two letter names. I didn't realize the JavaScript code for
google.com is actually obfuscated.

Now I just need a way to get variable and property names...

By the way, is there some interpreter function somewhere that gets called
when a new page is loaded? I'm assuming a page load causes all the current
code to be unloaded?