[webkit-dev] Disabling the JIT

Nyx mcheva at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 27 08:41:12 PDT 2010

I am trying to disable the JIT when building the QT version of webkit so that
I can instrument the interpreter for profiling purposes. I have been
googling around and found a few suggestions, which so far have all not
worked:

If I run the following build command:
WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit --qt JAVASCRIPTCORE_JIT=no

WebKit builds, but when I try to run it:
WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/run-launcher --qt

It crashes as soon as I try to load a page that uses JavaScript (eg:
google).

Someone also suggested building WebKit as follows:
WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit --qt
--makeargs='CXXFLAGS="-DENABLE_JIT=0"'

This works *once*, but if I try to run build-webkit a second time, I get
lots of nonsensical compilation errors, which I can't seem to get rid of,
even if I try to build without -DENABLE_JIT=0...

Any help would be appreciated,

- Max