[webkit-dev] Bugzilla "Triaged" keyword

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at nokia.com
Tue Apr 27 00:56:08 PDT 2010

On 26.04.10 22.16, Andras Becsi wrote:
> As far as I know QtWebKit uses this keyword to indicate that the
> corresponding bug has been checked and prioritized based on its severity
> by a triaging group of two QtWebKit developers.
>
> https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitBugs#Triagingbugs

That's correct. It's an attempt at using Bugzilla for all our bugs, and
to manage them with some sense of "control" over what's there :)

>> There are bugs marked with Triaged keyword in Bugzilla now. Keyword
>> description says "Indicates that the bug was triaged according to the
>> Bug Reporting Guidelines, and passed".
>>
>> What is the intended usage for this keyword? Who adds it, and what is it
>> used for? From the description, the difference sounds just like the
>> difference between UNCONFIRMED and NEW, and we never had a lot of use
>> for that, other than indicating to the reporter that someone looked at
>> the bug.

You're right, it is similar to UNCONFIRMED/NEW. The reason for choosing
a keyword was the inherit limitations of the status, eg. anyone with
editbugs will default to NEW, you can't go back from UNCONFIRMED to NEW,
and an ASSIGNED or REOPENED bug loses the state, etc.

Tor Arne