[webkit-dev] QtWebkit vs GtkWebkit

Phoenix Revived phoenixrevived at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 10:07:30 PDT 2010

After a frustrating number of hours, I finally discovered a problem with QtWebkit (and all browsers derived from it: Arora, Konqueror, etc.) - when trying to play a video in youtube.com/xl, they all display a white screen. I had this problem in my application and spent many hours beating my head against the wall before discovering that I wasn't doing anything wrong.

This problem does not exist with any of the GtKWebkit based browsers (or GtkWebkit itself). I can play these videos without problem on everything from the small browsers like midori and uzbl, to the giants like Chrome and Firefox.

Any ideas?

 Cheers,
---AK