[webkit-dev] JSC String re-factorings are hosing the tree.

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Thu Apr 22 11:19:45 PDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Brian Weinstein wrote:

> This means that they both have to keep two trees up to date (the debug and release trees),

The "svn" step of the test builders takes about 4.5 minutes, compared to about 15 minutes to run the tests. I don't know if having to update two different source trees is the main problem here.

> and that ~2/3 of the
> time on both machines will be spend running the slower debug tests, causing them both to fall behind.

I guess you're implying that having one more-up-to-date bot and one even-farther-behind bot would be better than the current situation. Unfortunately, right now the Debug tests are far more stable than the Release ones, so your proposed change would presumably make the stable, Debug tests be even farther behind than they are today.

> I can upload a patch to bugzilla if that's the easiest way to handle it.

That probably is the best way to do it, if we decide this is a good change to make.

-Adam