[webkit-dev] JSC String re-factorings are hosing the tree.

David Levin levin at google.com
Thu Apr 22 09:01:35 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2010, at 8:37 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
>
> > I don't
> > think NRWT works on Windows yet.  Adam Roben had some half-working
> > patches to that affect, but I don't think they're done yet.  Mostly
> > they involve ripping out chromium-specific windows assumptions. :)
>
> I'm planning to clean up these patches and post them either today or
> tomorrow. Unfortunately, there are still problems with Apache on Vista and
> Windows 7 (it crashes constantly due to bad interactions between Cygwin and
> ASLR), and I was also seeing a lot of hangs on XP in DumpRenderTree.
> Hopefully we can iron out these issues quickly!

Regarding hangs in DRT, I don't know how similar the windows code is to the
osx side but I was seeing a lot more of these (when I ran the drt in
parallel on osx) before I did this patch
trac.webkit.org/changeset/43721
and then set the home directory to different places for each drt that was
run in parallel. (Now there is another environment variable that was
introduced for this).