[webkit-dev] Update: new-run-webkit-tests migration

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Sun Apr 18 23:57:49 PDT 2010

new-run-webkit-tests is getting closer for general project-wide use.
If you're on a Mac and would like to experience sub-3-minute layout
test runs and are willing to deal with a few bugs, try
new-run-webkit-tests instead of run-webkit-tests next time you run the
tests.  We'd love to see questions/comments/complaints you have.

Additionally, run-webkit-tests was renamed to old-run-webkit-tests and
run-webkit-tests is now a perl script which automatically choses
old-run-webkit-tests or new-run-webkit-tests depending on your
platform/config. [1]  Right now it always uses old-run-webkit-tests.

We will be running trial conversions of a few of the builders later
this week. [2]  These conversions will happen outside of normal work
hours and should be invisible to the end users and bot administrators.

If you have any questions or I can be of further help, drop me a line.

-eric

1.  http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/57796
2.  We are able to switch individual platforms/users/machines between
old and new run-webkit-tests using:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests#L57