[webkit-dev] [webkit meeting notes] build systems

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 16 13:45:41 PDT 2010

Am 16.04.2010 um 18:26 schrieb Ojan Vafai:

> This seems like just a more restricted version of gyp to me. And one
> that isn't sufficiently powerful, e.g., what if a platform decides
> to disable SVG and doesn't want to compile SVG files? You end up
> adding some sort of syntax for that. In the end, you have something
> that's 90% of the way to a gyp file and now we have yet another
> build system.

Ermm, we have ENABLE(SVG) blocks around all SVG related files. That
was not a good example, as those platforms may just compile the SVG*
files, they are just empty.
So no need to add any syntax for that. That applies to all other
features as well - we _always_ compile all files, not depending on any
setting.

Cheers,
Niko