[webkit-dev] OpenVG - AmanithVG SRE + EGL evaluation Linux X11 builds (x86 and x86_64) pre release.

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Wed Apr 14 05:22:43 PDT 2010

On April 13, 2010, Info wrote:
> I'm Matteo Muratori from Mazatech S.r.l., the company behind AmanithVG.
> As I've seen that an OpenVG backend for Webkit is in development, I'd
> like to share with you all developers the binary evaluation builds
> (AmanithVG source code is not public), that could be used also to
> try/develop your OpenVG backend on desktop.
>
> - http://www.amanithvg.com/amanithvg_pre_release.tar.gz
> - http://www.amanithvg.com/khronos_include_headers.tar.gz
> - http://www.amanithvg.com/tiger_sre_egl.tar.gz  (the Tiger example)
>
> All the feedback will be really appreciated.

Thanks for providing these files, it could go a long way to making the OpenVG
backend build with non-awful performance, on Linux, and also for 64-bit
systems (where the reference implementation fails).

I tried out your libraries with my existing QtWebKit/OpenVG hack - which,
unfortunately, I can't provide at this time - and got a segfault in your code.
Still need to verify that the problem's not on my side, but there might be
some issues to be resolved before making it work, as EGL should never crash,
only return error codes. I'll see what can be done to provide more information
to you.

Cheers,
  Jakob