[webkit-dev] help with webkit installation for kde-4.4.2 (amd64 linux)

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 07:39:28 PDT 2010

Hi,

> I am having a go at compiling kde4.4.2.  I am now  trying to build webkit for
> KDE4.4.2 (pure-64bit -non-multilib -amd64 linux  setup).  (it is needed by
> google-gadgets)  I downloaded qtwebkit from
> http://gitorious.org/+qtwebkit-developers/webkit/qtwebkit
>
> and it compiles OK with the following instruction:-
> WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit --qt   --qmake=$QTDIR/bin/qmake
>
> but I have no idea   from where or how  to do a "make install"  and where   it
> should be installed ($KDEDIR or $QT4DIR)

This is not the appropriate mailing list for such question. This
mailing list is for WebKit development (see
http://webkit.org/contact.html). There is a webkit-qt mailing list
should be able to better answer your question. It looks to be more a
qmake question than a WebKit question though.

[snipped]
>  WebKit is now built (42m:47s).
>  To run QtLauncher with this newly-built code, use the
>  "webkit-qtwebkit/WebKitTools/Scripts/run-launcher" script.

FYI, this message indicates that your build successfully finished (it
seems you were unsure if everything worked fine).

Regards,
Julien