[webkit-dev] Request: Include Import Library with win32 Nightly Builds

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Tue Apr 13 06:55:01 PDT 2010

I thought I'd bring this up again in hopes my life (and I assume others
who are in the same boat as me) a bit easier.  My application use
JavaScriptCore and is both in OS X and win32.  When I want to upgrade
JSC to get bug fixes, I can download the nightly OS X build and then
just drop in the framework.  The OS X build functions as a "binary"
distribution for JSC (and any other library in Webkit.)

Not so with the win32 build.  It has the DLLs, but not the import
libraries (.lib) which are built when the DLLs are built and used to
attach the DLL to my code.  Can you folks change the script that creates
these to include those import libs?  It would make the win32 nightly
work as a binary distributions (this will put it in line with most other
open-source distributions like libpng of SDL.)  Right now the win32
nightly is only good for updating Safari.

Thanks ....

[>] Brian