[webkit-dev] Coming Soon: new-run-webkit-tests

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Sat Apr 10 20:39:55 PDT 2010

new-run-webkit-tests does not sample tests when they timeout.  timeout
is a perfectly "reasonable" test expectation.  new-run-webkit-tests is
about running all the tests and making sure their behavior matches
what we have in test_expectations.txt.  This is unlike
run-webkit-tests for which the only valid expectation is "PASS".

new-run-webkit-tests makes sense in a world where you want to run all
the tests, but have no prayer of passing them all.  I think most ports
are in this boat.  Possibly even the Mac port these days.

new-run-webkit-tests "always run every test, no matter its expected
outcome" philosophy enables a bunch of neat fringe benefits, including
documenting and tracking flaky tests w/o having them break your
builders or requiring skipping. :)

-eric