[webkit-dev] Announcing WebKit2

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:41:17 PDT 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 2:40 AM, Xan Lopez wrote:

> Another issue seems to be that parts of the public C API expose
> CoreFoundation, which definitely would be an issue for the other
> ports. I'm told on the side that this was just done as a quick
> solution to have something running and that if there's interest by
> other ports in using this we'd solve it with the good-old "let's add
> another abstraction layer" method, right?

You can always use CFLite (available externally from Apple as 'opencflite' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencflite/).

It builds on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.  I've found it very useful for tracking the full Apple WebKit port, as it means there is much less code to duplicate and maintain.  I can just let the kind folks at Apple do all the heavy lifting :-)

-Brent