[webkit-dev] Announcing WebKit2

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at chromium.org
Fri Apr 9 02:34:16 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Adam Treat <treat at kde.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 08 April 2010 09:24:32 pm Darin Adler wrote:
> > On Apr 8, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Adam Treat wrote:
> > > Can someone please point to the bug report and the forum where this
> > > development was discussed by the greater WebKit community?
> >
> > The time for that discussion is now. The forum is here.
> >
> > I suggest we use this mailing list, not a bug report.
>
> Isn't that a little cart before the horse?  It is already actively being
> landed...

I'd have to agree.  A new port is a maintenance burden on the entire
community.  Normally we discuss such things before starting to commit them.

For example, my first question is whether we can adapt the Chromium WebKit
API (or devise an API that could replace the Chromium WebKit API) since it
sounds like our goals and the goals of this new API are fairly similar.  If
we do the former, I'm sure we can talk about changing the name.  :-)