[webkit-dev] FrameLoader cleanup

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Fri Sep 25 14:01:12 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> On Sep 25, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
>> 1) Separation of concerns. FrameLoader has its fingers in a bunch of
>> different pies. In this phase, I'll try to break FrameLoader up into a bunch
>> of smaller objects that are in charge of managing different pots of state.
>
> The whole plan sounds great. I’d like to hear more of the details of this
> step.

I haven't studied the code in enough detail yet to have many
specifics, but here as some examples:

A) Scheduled redirections.  There's a bunch of state associated with
these that seems separable from the concerns of actually performing
the loads.

B) Methods involving PolicyAction.  Interacting with the
FrameLoadClient seems like a separable issue from advancing the main
state machine.

C) Form submission.  There seem to be a bunch of special cases having
to do with loading form submissions.  I haven't looked in detail, but
this also seems like it should be a client of the core machine.

As we get into the details, I'm sure we'll find some obvious wins.

Adam