[webkit-dev] Runtime setting for incomplete features

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Mon Sep 21 11:42:54 PDT 2009

I think shooting for perfect compatibility might be nice, but is probably
not required.
I do think that we ought to be returning undefined instead of null in those
cases, though, just to catch people who are accidentally using isUndefined()
utility functions from common libraries. It would not be hard to define some
kind of [mapNullToUndefined] custom attribute for the code generator.

I'll probably be adding a flag for Chromium shared workers in the near
future, and I could tackle this at that time if people think this is a
reasonable solution.

Jeremy, do you do anything to turn off the Storage constructor (i.e.
window['Storage']) if storage is disabled?

-atw