[webkit-dev] Passing data structures through postMessage()

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Thu Sep 10 17:38:21 PDT 2009

No, it is more restrictive now than it was 6 months ago -- I was
attempting to implement this back then and the ambiguity in handling
the more excitingly complex objects (now simply "return null") made it
substantially more complex, that is the only reason the implementation
is not currently matching the object clone semantic.  JSON was never
sufficient for the purpose of postMessage, and is also relatively
trivially breakable.

--Oliver