[webkit-dev] User Stylesheets changes I'd like to make

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Fri Sep 4 13:02:12 PDT 2009

A second change I would like to make is to eliminate the "liveness" of
the sheet..  With support coming online for both injected user scripts
and user stylesheets, I expect that a better way to deal with this is
to have a Develop menu item (or inspector item) to reload all user
content.

Automatic liveness seems like a non-goal other than for user
stylesheet *developers*, and having to examine local files every time
you open a new tab/window just to support developers seems like the
wrong trade-off to me.  That this is happening in the engine process
can't be good for Chrome either, and going forward we should be
discouraging file accesses like this from being done inside WebCore.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)