[webkit-dev] unwritten rules of webkit style

David Levin levin at chromium.org
Wed Sep 2 11:28:49 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren at apple.com> wrote:

> Like this
>
> if (condition1         && condition2)
>     statement;
>
> I think the majority of our code disagrees with this guideline. I disagree
> with it too. I would prefer the "&&" to be evenly indented with condition1,
> or the "&&" to be on the same line as condition1, and condition2 evenly
> indented with condition1.

This was meant to list an acceptable style, not suggest it but it
is obviously confusing and controversial.

Since my goal is to document what is standard practice, this should just be
omitted for now.  Once the conversation dies down I'll send a revised
version without this (and with other corrections).

Dave