[webkit-dev] unwritten rules of webkit style

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Wed Sep 2 09:31:35 PDT 2009

02.09.2009, в 8:40, David Levin написал(а):

> Use enums instead of bools for parameters.  The one exception is
> function names that start with "set" and take one parameter (e.g.
> setAllowHeaders).

The purpose of this rule is to avoid having illegible function calls
like doSomething(myData, true, 0, false, true). If a function is
always called with a named variable, there is no practical reason to
invent an enum for it.

> Constants
> Constants (static const int's) should be named just like a variable
> and have no special prefix

As an aside, is there any practical difference between "static const"
and "const" in C++? The only difference I'm aware of is that the
former is deprecated in the standard.

> Indentation
> Additional clauses in a conditional may be indented 4 extra spaces
> to visually separate them from the statement to be executed.
>

> Like this
> if (condition1
>         && condition2)
>     statement;

It doesn't look like there's a prevailing style for this currently.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov