[webkit-dev] Leak Bot

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Tue Sep 1 04:45:46 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-01, at 04:26, Eric Seidel wrote:

> It seems we have a leak bot again!  Thanks to all who made that
> possible!
>
> There seem to be a bunch of leaks though.  They all seem CFNetwork
> related:
> http://build.webkit.org/results/SnowLeopard%20Intel%20Leaks/r47923%20(318)/
>
> I'm not sure if that's because we're leaking in WebCore and it's
> just showing up as CFNetwork structs, or if it's just DumpRenderTree
> isn't telling the network layer to clean up after itself properly,
> or if CFNetwork is actually leaking...
>
> I'm curious if someone has done investigation into the reported leaks?

I had been investigating this when I have time.   There are clearly
many CFNetwork objects being leaked, but there are also a number of
WebCore datatypes being leaked as well (StringImpl's being the first
that I noticed), but the object graph involved is quite hairy so it's
hard to pin down which object is the root of the leak.  Based on the
pattern of data in the leaks output I suspect there are likely to be a
number of distinct leaks.  I plan to dig in to these some more later
this week.

- Mark