[webkit-dev] Text Input does not work running WebKit/GTK+/Directfb

Jacob Bramley Jacob.Bramley at arm.com
Tue Oct 20 01:14:13 PDT 2009

Hello Mike.

> I think one person indicated that ICU was not built correctly.  I think my
> ICU is ok, so how do I prove otherwise.

This looks like an ICU issue to me. ICU will sometimes appear to build correctly, but will not
shout about certain build problems that can arise whilst cross-compiling. I've seen this issue
when cross-compiling for ARM. Check the build logs for ICU, and see if there's anything that
looks like this:

./out/tmp/icudt42l_dat.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Error generating package data.

After that point, the build system appears to function normally.

If you don't see that error, then you're looking at a different problem.

Jacob